Image link and activating license

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:58

Image link and activating license

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Question 1:

Im current working sitefinity on an IP instead of domain address, which is one of the reason I am worry about upgrading it to licensed version because it want me to enter the domain address, while I havent add access to the domain yet. Will i still able to enter sitefinity via IP after i fill in the domain name when activating it?

Question 2:

I have bought the license, if I activate my account, will the activation effect any of my work & content in sitefinity? 

Question 3:  I need to have a thumbnail image(custom field ) and a title text ( title ) and both with link, but i cant found a way to add the link to the thumbnail image.(already have the thumbnail image working already )

How do i add this link

<sitefinity:SitefinityHyperLink ID="documentLink" runat="server" CssClass="sfdownloadTitle" target="_blank" />

into this image?

<sitefinity:HtmlField runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("AnnualReportThumbnail")%>' />

Question 4:what is the proper way to display image instead of using " sitefinity:HtmlField
" ?

I have poor experience on aspx, this is urgent, please do guide me as much as possible on question 3 & 4, thanks. below is the template that i edited for Document - List ,

thanks again for the great help!

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<sitefinity:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks2" runat="server" UseEmbeddedThemes="true" Theme="Default">
  <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Basic.Styles.icons.css" Static="true" />
</sitefinity:ResourceLinks>
<sf:BrowseAndEditToolbar ID="browseAndEditToolbar" runat="server" Mode="Edit"></sf:BrowseAndEditToolbar>
<div class="maincontent_contenttextarea_800 maincontent_contenttextarea_800_padding">
<div id="itemsContainer" runat="server">
    <asp:Repeater ID="documentsRepeater" runat="server">
        <HeaderTemplate>

</HeaderTemplate>
   <ItemTemplate>
           <div class="annual_report_list">
<div align="center"><sitefinity:HtmlField runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("AnnualReportThumbnail")%>' /></div>
   <div class="annual_report_listlink" align="center"><sitefinity:SitefinityHyperLink ID="documentLink" runat="server" CssClass="sfdownloadTitle" target="_blank" /></div>
           </div>
   </ItemTemplate>
   <FooterTemplate>
   <div class="clear"></div>
   </FooterTemplate>
    </asp:Repeater>
</div>
<div class="clear">
<br/><br/>
NOTE:Please click on the respective report to download it inPDF (Acrobat Reader) format. You can get Adobe Acrobat Reader for free <a href="get.adobe.com/.../a>
</div>
</div>
<sitefinity:Pager id="pager" runat="server"></sitefinity:Pager>

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Toh,

Let's try to address your issues below:

Q1: Yes, the license file is used only to verify that you are running a registered version of Sitefinity, you will still be able to acess Sitefnity through your development server IP. In order to avoid the trial mesages popping up you might need to map the host you have purchased the license for to the IP you are runnign Sitefinity on. This can be achieved from adding a line in your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

Q2: no there should be no problems with activating your account, like I mentioned above the license is used to verify that your copy of Sitefinity is registered.

Q3: I'd recommend you to reverse the logic here - you can wrap the image inside the link for the document, which should deliver the desired results, as the thumbnail will be displayed and clickable. Please do not hesitate to let us know if this is not the desired functionality or if you need additional information on this one.

Q4: You can use our ImageFIeld control, you just need to specify the Id of the image you want to display:

<sitefinity:ImageField ID="ImageField1" runat="server" ImageId="enter image id here"></sitefinity:ImageField>

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed