Search widget not appearing on actual site

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:36

Search widget not appearing on actual site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello, I dragged a Search widget onto a template. When I create a page based on that template on the CMS, everything seems to go well. But when I view the page itself on the browser, the Search textbox and its corresponding button does not appear. I checked the source code and found out that Sitefinity did not render anything for the Search widget.

Please help. Thanks.

Hello Jkregala,

I have tried to reproduce the problem locally with version  installed and I could not find any problem like the one you described. Please see attached video and let me know if I'm missing something.

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sonya, it has something to do with Javascript. In a separate support ticket, I have dealt with the problem of my jQuery plug-ins not being compatible to the entire website by dragging Javascript widgets instead of referencing to them directly on the .master base files.

My markup is something like this:

<div id="header">
Search placeholder
</div>
<div id="content">
jQuery placeholders here
..Rest of content follows
</div>

I tried to create a page from a template where the dragging of Javascript widgets did not occur and there seems to be no problem.

I also tried to move the Search to the part of the code that is right after where the Javascript widgets are called. To some pages (with RadMenu) are working, many (with Content Block, news, other widgers) not working.

Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Never mind.

This thread is closed