Connecting to external CRM

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:45

Connecting to external CRM

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello,

Part of our requirement is to connect to an external CRM System through the Web Services API using the current Sitefinity user. I have read all the documentation regarding using the Web Services API and the Provider Models but cannot find anything relating to how I would implement a Provider Model to get the current user to connect to an external CRM system. Can you explain how to do this or point me toward the correct documentation?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Team,

I am using sitefinity 4.2

I am also looking for same type of solution. but could not found anything.

I just want to display data from MSCRM 2011 and that for only authenticated user.

Will Custom module help on this?  and if I modify web.config file for connecting to CRM. will that affect the sitefinity setting.

Regards
Ravindra  Sahasrabudhe

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Ravindra,

I guess a custom module will be a good solution. Our Migration module introduced in 4.2 connects to an existing Sitefinity 3.7 export web service to retrieve content items and page data from it. Every CRM system should have its own toolkit that would allow external systems, like Sitefinity, to connect to them and retrieve data. Sitefinity does not provide any tools for that out of the box, simply because there are many CRM systems, and every one is different.

Usually the CRM systems use some sort of authentication - e.g. OAuth - that allows someone to login to them and then use some standard set of commands to retrieve user data from the CRM system.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed