Sitefinity Folder

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:53

Sitefinity Folder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

I know this is kind of silly But why cant I see the sitefinity folder as mentioned here.
 www.sitefinity.com/.../who-is-who-in-sitefinity-folder.html

How can I access the pages that I create in sitefinity from visual studio?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi U,

Sitefinity 4 is a web application and differs from Sitefinity 3 which is a website project. Note the link to the documentation you provided is for Sitefinity 3.x. Here is a link to Sitefinity 4 documentation.
Sitefinity 4 saves pages in the database and you can not edit the page or browsing its code. You can create a template for a page based on master page and use it to create pages. With the master page you have access to how the page is structured. Here is the documentation on how to create a master page for Sitefinity 4 and use it in your project. Save your master page in App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/name_of_template/App_Master/...your master pages. Create the folder structure I mentioned in Visual Studio and add your files there. Then you will be able to edit the master page directly in Visual Studio.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Thank you Can you help  me with this

I need to check if I can use sitefinity's login details to connect to my company's existing webapp. MembershipUserCollection helps me get the user details which I can put in the page's session which directs to my company's site. I read one of your previous threads which said that you can create a user control and convert to sitefinity widget and drag it to your page into sitefinity and work on session state through that user control.
1. Can you elaborate on this?

2. I am querying my page and trying to modify the user control of a page. 

pManager.PublishPageDraft(editPage.Id, true); gives me UnauthorizedAccessException. Why is this happening? 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi U,

1. To connect to an existing membership provider you can use ASP.NET SQL membership provider or connecting trough LDAP. Can you be more specific what you are trying to achieve and direct to the blog posts you refer?

2. The error indicates you are not logged in to your site when trying to create a page. Log with your admin user and then try executing the API code.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed