Change default width and height of thumbnail selector

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:36

Change default width and height of thumbnail selector

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I use a thumbnail selector for my news : http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/11-02-11/creating_a_thumbnail_selector_for_news_items.aspx. I find it very usefull but I have just one problem... I wanna change the default size of the thumbnail. I search in all the files without success.

Thanks for your answers!

Fabien

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Fabien,

The thumbnail you see after you upload a desired image is automatically generated during the uploading of the image. But you can edit them on the fly, as I would not recommend it because it will lead to some serious performance issues. Anyway, you need to bind to the ImageURL property instead of the ThumbnailURL and add to the url query string size  = " your desired size " ( in pixels ).

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

How can I do that? Could you give me an example please? Sorry but i'm a beginner in Sitefinity... Or should I use a more simple thumbnail creator? 

Thanks for your answer!

Fabien

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Fabien,

We do not have out of the box example for this particular scenario. The best way to use the thumbnail feature is to apply Slavo's implementation because any other may result in loss of performance.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed