Image upload permissions problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:59

Image upload permissions problem.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upload images to our gallery and not able to do so. Please see the Jing video. The error I receive is:

Access to the path C:\Inetpub\wwwroot…..\App_Data\Sitefinity\Temp\Libraries\On-Boarding-Kit.jpg is denied

I thought this may be our Version Control software, but I have checked all the files out in the App_Data folder and I am sure that I have all the correct permissions set on the the App_Data folder.

Here is the screencast: http://screencast.com/t/YOzRjOK3r

Thanks,
James

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Any answers to this one please?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello James,

The problem should be caused by lack of permissions since Sitefinity tries to start uploading the problem is connected with IIS settings.. When an image is uploaded it is stored in Temp folder until fully uploaded and ready to go to database. Please make sure that you are running your website in Full Trust environment. Check with your host if possibly your website is set up to run in Medium Trust and if yes check if they can move it to Full Trust. Permissions you should grant to App_Data should be (read, write, modify).

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed