Multi-Lingual support for files in Document Library

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:32

Multi-Lingual support for files in Document Library

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey,

Can we enable multi- lingual support for the files that we upload in sitefinity document library, the Images that we upload in Image Library and the videos that are uploaded in the video library .

regards,
Moiz Ahmed Sulaiman. 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Moiz Ahmed,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.
Unfortunately multilingual for libraries is not supported. Could you please elaborate little more on this? What is your scenario?

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Antoaneta,

Well I was asked to make a website on sitefinity and the client required a document library where he could store the documents.
Since this site was in multiple languages. My client was also expecting to store different documents for every language in the same library.

Regards,
Moiz Ahmed Sulaiman

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Moiz Ahmed,

Thank you for getting back to me. 
I would strongly reccommend you to use different libraries for every translation. This way you will keep the process simple and clean.

If you still want to use the same library for all translations you can try the following:
go to Documents&Files>Select the language you want to upload a file for >Upload the file (repeat this step for every translation you have). Be sure to keep every single document to one translation.

Go to pages where you need to setup the Documents list control to display the specific library your items are uploaded in. You will see that for every translation the corresponding files are shown.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Antoaneta,

I tried this but it didn't work When I changed the file in the other language the title in english remained the same but the file was replaced.
Do have any other methods that you would recommend for this.

Regards,
Moiz Ahmed Sulaiman

Hello Moiz Ahmed,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am sorry that this approach did not work for you. I will need some time to investigate why this is not working for you. You are using Sitefinity 4.1 with build # 1574, is that correct?

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Hi Antoaneta ,

Thanks for the reply and I think, you've answered my question. I am using sitefinity 4.1.1501.0 version and I haven't downloaded SP 3 since I am in the middle of a few projects.

I'll check that as soon as I get a little time to do so.

Thank you.
Moiz Ahmed Sulaiman

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey there

I'm using Version 4.3.1885.0 of Sitefinity.
I have the same functionality...
Step 1 - Upload File on Language EN.
Step 2 - Translate the File to Language DE with replace the file on this languageversion.
Step 3 - After i set a documentlink widget to a Site i always download the DE-Version but the downloadlink is different for DE and EN Version.

best regard
Reto

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Reto,

Thank you for getting back to us. It seems this is a bug which is logged in our internal system for fixing.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed