RaiseEvents between controls(widgets)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:01

RaiseEvents between controls(widgets)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi everyone,

I am new to Sitefinity and was wondering how I can catch my Raised Event from one user control in an another.

I found this old thread http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/grid/catching-usercontrol-custom-events.aspx
 but this is between a page and the control. Since this can't be done on Sitefinity as we don't have access to the page , I am stuck.

so how do I Raise an event in one control and catch it in an another.

regards

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Mosu Babu,

In Sitefinity 4.x you have the ability to create a custom page from which you pages to inherit. You have to create a class which inherits from ASP.NET Page class. There in the Init event of the page you have to traverse the control tree and find the controls for which you want to attach event handlers. Once you find those controls you have to create event handlers for them. The custom page type is set from each page's properties.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed