User Registration & Login (Not for Sitefinity Backend)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:03

User Registration & Login (Not for Sitefinity Backend)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am using Sitefinity 4.1 SP2.
 I am trying to create a website where users can register, create logins etc. This user has nothing to do with Sitefinity backend. Here users are creating a login for the website that I am creating. I have poured all over the internet and I am totally confused as to the right way of implementation.

Questions,
1. I tried to use the Login/Registraion/Users list/ Account activation controls but nothing happens. As in I register a user using these cotnrols, the user is created but it shows offline, also Im not sure how I can pull these users in my custom admin pages for approval.rejection etc and if this user will be able to login to the site and not Sitefinity Backend.
2. Should I have to use the ASPNet Membership provider for this purpose and if so can I still use the Sitefinity controls for registration, login etc? Or will I have to create custom controls using the CreateUserWizard tools?
3. I want to be able to approve a user registration before they will be able to login, can that be done thru Sitefinity Controls?
4. Could you please please provide any solutions, pointers and/or point me to some good tutorials on this scenario and the right way to go about it?

I am totally lost and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Soumya

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Sowmya,

1. When the user is offline, this means that this use has not been logged inside Sitefinity.

2. You can use ASP.NET membership provider with our controls. We have wrapper classes that handle the implementation of the standard ASP.NET membership and role providers.

3. This is not supported out of the box. You can create a simple backend page with a grid that gets all users and set IsApproved property of the MembershipUser.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your response. I followed your direction and started implementing ASPNET membership. I followed the post you referred and set up ASPNET tables, web.config elements, and set up roles as well. My plan is to use ASPNET Login, Create user controls however I haven't gotten around to testing the same because in order to test my controls I will have to be able to add them to pages and I am getting this error when I try to do anything on a page, I get the error stating
"The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header from the server was 'NTLM' "

Please note, I am working on my local, i.e. the site is hosted via my visual Studio web server not IIS.

Any help on the same will be greatly appreciated. I have attached the screenshot of the error with this post.

Thanks,
Soumya

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Sowmya,

Have you made changes to the web.config and binding nodes? This looks like as an general issue related to the WCF

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication

google results

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed