Intra-site Module Public Page Group

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:07

Intra-site Module Public Page Group

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi

I've am trying out building custom modules with sitefinity 4.1 sp2. I followed the video by Josh Morales on creating an intra-site page based module. I have couple of questions:
1. Is there a way to create a page group for public pages. Meaning, there is one landing public page and other pages are a part of the group. I realize that we can create separate public pages but the reason I would prefer to have other pages in a group is that I do not want the users to navigate directly to a public page. I believe that page groups can be created in admin section.
2. Page Navigation Url: I found that we can get the current PageSiteNode's Url using ResolveUrl(Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode().Url). Is there a way to get some other page's Url the same way?

Thanks
Pratik

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Pratik,

1. You can create page groups fro the backend of frontend and there is no difference between both the types except that one will be used only on the frontend and another on the backend. Programmatically you can use

CreatePage(PageLocation pageLocation, Guid pageId, NodeType nodeType) method of the PageManager or fluent API - App.WorkWith.Page()

2. You can use PageNode and its Urls property.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan

thanks for your quick response. I will try the CreatePage option soon for point 1. For point 2, I found something like this

var fluent = App.WorkWith().Pages();
 //get a page by its Title
 var mypage = fluent.LocatedIn(Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend).Where(
 pg => pg.Page.Title == "Products").Get().FirstOrDefault();
ResolveUrl(mypage.GetFullUrl());

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Pratik,

This is the same, the difference is that you use the fluent API which calls the standard in its basis.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed