Solar Mobile Template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:45

Solar Mobile Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,
Not enough info regarding this template, I've in fact configured one of the external templates (menu.ascx) to working, but the rest just do not want to comply. Any other info on this matter would greatly appreciated

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Falcon325,

There are two ways to bind these templates to your content widgets. The first one is to use the built-in widget template editor.

1. Go to the administration
2. Click Design > Widget Template
3. Click Create a template
4. From the list "This template is applied to..." choose Blog posts - list for example
5. Copy the content of Blogs_list.ascx and paste it there. Enter a name for your template (ex. Blogs mobile)
6. Then when you drop your widget just choose the Blogs mobile template

The second way is to bind the template directly to the .ascx file

1. Drop the Blog posts widget on your page dedicated for mobile use
2. Click Edit
3. Click Advanced
4. Click ControlDefinition button
5. Click Views button
6. Click MasterBlogPostsFrontend button
7. In the TemplatePath field enter the path to your template (ex. ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/SolarMobile/App_Themes/WidgetTemplates/Blogs_list.ascx)

Greetings,
Jordan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Thanks Guys, I know I'm a little behind the times, but I haven't had much time to stay updated on the new versions, although I'm quick to get on track it helps every once in awhile to get that extra push. Great info on the widgets, a lot simpler than I thought, now i can run with this for a good while. Thanks again for your stellar support

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Funny, re-created a project from the beginning, now I cant seem to get the menu widget working, returns "could not load type".

This thread is closed