Remove/Hide Built-in Content Blocks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:05

Remove/Hide Built-in Content Blocks

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

I want to remove/hide many unnecessary fields such as Advance blocks, right hand side “Other filter options” block, “Settings for images” block etc and only display very basic clean functionality of the built-in modules. See: right-side-contentblocks.png

I've hidden the built-in Custom fields such as “Category” and “Tag” in the “Edit image” page, but the “Categories and tags” collapsable section still there. See: Built-in-section.png Could anyone tell me how to hide the whole section or edit the whole built-in module look and feel?

Would you be so kind to advice me how that can be done please.
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi May,

1. You can remove some of the items from the configurations

For example to change the side bar you need to modify

Settings >> Advanced
ContentView >> Controls >> FrontendPages >> Views >> FrontendPagesListView >> Sidebar

2. Try to hide the sections from

ImagesBackend >> Views >> ImagesBackendEdit >> Sections

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Thanks, I was able to hide sections and some of the fields under sections.
See attached image, those fields under "MetaFieldsSection (Additional Info)", "MoreOptionsSection (More Info)" have been hidden but I also want the whole section to be hidden as well.

Could you point me how to hide the whole section please.
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

In addition to the above, I've added 3 news configs, NewsBackendEdit, NewsBackendInsert and NewsBackendList (see http://www.mediafire.com/?rm0znmjk23cc1cc config files) Only the NewsBackendList hide the sections correctly. I cannot hide "MetaFieldsSection" and "MoreOptionsSection" for the NewsBackendEdit and Insert pages at all. As soon as I link that two config in the main NewsConfig.config, the "Category" selection disappeared.
What I want was to hide the "Tags" but leave the "Category" selection as it is. See attached image.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello May,

Please make sure that you restarted the application. I was testing with Sitefinity 4.2 and there is no issue with this. I attached a screenshot that shows my insert view after I removed 2 sections.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Please kindly tell me how did you removed the two sections.
I can only remove the fields inside the two sections below and not the whole section. Also could you please check if you still able to view the category checkboxes once you click "Click to add categories" link please.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello May,

The sections are removed from the configurations. I attached a screenshot for news.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed