IE 6 support and behavior in Sitefinity 4.x

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:36

IE 6 support and behavior in Sitefinity 4.x

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

I have noticed that Sitefinity v. 4.x does not have support for IE 6 in its list of supported browsers.

However, I have noticed in my web site statistics that my site is still receiving a considerable amount of traffic from IE 6 users.

Therefore, how does IE 6 behave when accessing a Sitefinity v. 4.x website?  Does it state that IE 6 users have to upgrade to a newer release of the browser or use an alternative browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome?

If the browser check does not currently exist, is there an easy way to configure Sitefinity to block access to IE 6 users in a manner similar to Yahoo! Mail and various other websites?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

The list of supported browsers is intended for Sitefinity Backend usage. The reason for this is that Backend is very complex and we know it wont be possible to support older browsers there.

Still for the frontend IE6 should be working fine.

All the best,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed