Is it possible to create generic code for "all" co

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:03

Is it possible to create generic code for "all" content items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

I'm looking into starting with SF4.x and started with the blogs about adding a custom module. So far I can follow what it should do and I'm looking forward to the promised advanced topics.

Another I was trying to do was creating a user control (a content rotator) which uses generic code to display news, events or items from custom modules. This was something I was able to do in SF3.7 but I can not find a working approach for SF4.x. Is this something that should be possible?

Regards,

David

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello David,

To display content from the built in modules use the fluent API for the corresponding module in your rotator control.
Here is an example taking news items and adding an image from the images modules to the news item.
Custom modules can`t currently be accessed with the API. Custom modules add a frontend widget  to display their functionality.
As a possible solution to get the content of a custom module in a widget is to use the custom module widget to get content from the built in modules.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed