Media_Player_Control issue while migration of sitefinity 3.7

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:54

Media_Player_Control issue while migration of sitefinity 3.7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

We want to upgrade our Sitefinity 3.7 project to Sitefinity 4.1.
We have followed all the steps mentioned in the link:
http://sitefinitymigration.codeplex.com/documentation

When I click on 'Begin Migration' button, it shows:
Error:

"The control type 'Media_Player_ASP.NET_Control.

Media_Player_Control, Media-Player-ASP.NET-Control, Version=1.0.3141.38822, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' cannot be resolved, because of a missing file or assembly."

It shows:
Importing Pages...
Error retrieving Pages:
The control type 'Media_Player_ASP.NET_Control.Media_Player_Control, Media-Player-ASP.NET-Control, Version=1.0.3141.38822, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' cannot be resolved, because of a missing file or assembly.
at Telerik.Cms.Data.WebControlBase.GetControlType(Boolean throwError) at Telerik.Cms.Data.WebControlBase.get_ControlType() at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Migration.MigrationExportService.GetMigrationControl(ICmsWebControl control) in C:\Documents and Settings\cvcxvcxv\Desktop\MigrationTool\3643\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs:line 145 at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Migration.MigrationExportService.GetControlsToMigrationCollection(IList`1 controls, List`1 migrationControls) in C:\Documents and Settings\cvcxvcxv\Desktop\MigrationTool\3643\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs:line 292 at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Migration.MigrationExportService.GetPagesWithParent(Guid parentId, CmsManager cmsManager, List`1 pageList) in C:\Documents and Settings\cvcxvcxv\Desktop\MigrationTool\3643\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs:line 949 at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Migration.MigrationExportService.GetPages() in C:\Documents and Settings\cvcxvcxv\Desktop\MigrationTool\3643\MigrationExportService\MigrationExportService.cs:line 988 at SyncInvokeGetPages(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Please help us in this regard. We are looking for your reply. Please check the attached screen shot for details.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Nabanita,

Do you have a page in your Sitefinity 3.7 project that uses this Media Player control? If you have - do you have the corresponding .dll file in your /bin folder? Please let us know.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

We have downloaded the Sitefinity 4.1 with the new migration module and followed all the instruction in the web.config file.

I have added Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.dll and Telerik.Sitefinity.MigrationContracts.dll in my Sitefinity 3.7 project and added MigrationService.svc in the root.

In my Sitefinity 3.7 project I am getting the following exception:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded."

When I am trying to migrate my Sitefinity 3.7 project in my Sitefinity 4.1 project it shows as the print screen attached.

Please help us on this.
Looking for your reply.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Nabanita,

What version of .NET are you using in your SF 3.7 project? If it's 2.0 then you have to switch to 4.0. Also, what version of SF 3.7 itself are you using? It must be SF 3.7 SP4.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed