Getting problem in Josh Morales' Posts -HelloWorld Modul

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:15

Getting problem in Josh Morales' Posts -HelloWorld Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,
I am trying to learn creating custom modules in sitefinity 4.1.
I followed the same steps shown on this link by josh :
www.sitefinity.com/.../creating_sitefinity_4_content_modules_part_1_project_preparation_and_hello_world.aspx
But I didn't get HellowWorld tab in sitefinity UI.

Hi Shital,

This is the intrasite way for creating modules. There are several samples of fully working modules that comes with our SDK. I suggest that you should install the SDK project and see the implementation there.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Actually, I have to create intrasite modules of products/categories/subcategories in my website and I want to learn it step by step starting with simple hello-world module. That's why I love to follow Josh Morales' Posts. It will be nice if you provide me whats problem in this particular post.

Thanks for suggesting SDK. I will check that too, to learn more into that

Shital

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Shital,

Could you make sure that you have restarted the application and you have the module added to
<applicationModules> section of SystemConfig.config file located in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration ?

Since 4.1 we log all errors in App_Data/Logs folder. Please check if there is something related to the Hello World module installation.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

I resolved problem by writing "HelloWorld.HelloWorldModule" in ApplicationModule->Type attribute instead of "HelloWorld.HelloWorldModule, HelloWorld". Which was shown in image of that blog post.

Thank you.

This thread is closed