Sitefintiy 4.2 and RadControls ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:45

Sitefintiy 4.2 and RadControls ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

Will RadMenu and RadTreeList built with RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax now work with the new SiteFinity 4.2 release without a bunch of workarounds ?

I read this post http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/radcontrols-with-sitefinity.aspx which prompted me to ask this question.

To clarify, we bought Sitefinity 4.0, but with all the problems we had to shelve the project until all the bugs are worked out. In the mean time we have moved on to another project where the RadMenu and the RadTreeList would work nicely for us. We do not have the time or (my case) patience to do this within the Sitefinity framework right now. When we do build our site in Sitefinity, we want to transplant the RadMenu and RadTreeList built with RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax into the site. Can this be done with SiteFinity 4.2 or within the next 3 months without a bunch of workarounds ?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Mike Mcmillan,

There is a new SitefinitySitemapDataSource control. If you bind to it, you should be able to use these controls as expected. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thank you for your quick reply, but that didn't answer the real questions I asked about. What I need to know is if I build a RadMenu and a RadTreeList outside of Sitefinity now, will I be able to transfer them into Sitefinity 4.2 later on without a bunch of workarounds ?  

Thanks for your help

Mike

@Mike
  There should be zero issues...SF is tightly integrated with those controls

The only issue you'd POSSIBLY have is if you have an assembly built with a DIFFERENT version of the Telerik.Web.UI than sitefinity has, and even then you can get around it by re-compiling or setting up assembly binding for Telerik.Web.UI

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

What I need to know is if I build a RadMenu and a RadTreeList outside of Sitefinity now, will I be able to transfer them into Sitefinity 4.2 later on without a bunch of workarounds ?

Both the controls comes with Telerik.Web.UI.dll that is shipped with Sitefinity. In Sitefinity 4.2 we use
 version 2011.2.712.40.

There might be issues if you use some specific method and client functions that are marked as obsolete or there are backward compatible changes.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed