DLL compatibility

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:53

DLL compatibility

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi everyone, I've been involved in some projects now, going thru sitefinity versions like
4.0, 4.1 SP1, 4.1 SP3,
and I have some widgets into dlls...
I've been compiling my dlls against the corresponding versions from the sitefinity project manager.
Some widgets I reuse on projects, but I have to recompile them against their respective version on the main site...
mainly against the proper Telerik.OpenAccess.dll, Telerik.Sitefinity.dll, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.dll, Telerik.Web.Ui.dll

Is there a way I can avoid this ?
I want to put some widgets into the marketplace... how can I make them "multi-version" compatible ?

thanks in advance :)

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

If you have simple widgets which do not use our assemblies you are free to distribute them with any version of Sitefinity. There is a bindingRedirect property which you can use to redirect to different versions of DLLs, but again you will need to recompile the custom widget.

However there is no applicable way ( for now ) to have custom controls/widget dlls to "skip" the build action if they reference to particular assembly of Sitefinity ( like those you describe ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

I am facing similar issue for a custom widget.

I have made a custom widget i.e. dll using Telerik.OpenAccess.dll (Ver : 2016.1.224.1), Telerik.Sitefinity.dll (Ver : 9.0.6010.0), Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.dll (Ver : 9.0.6010.0), Telerik.Web.Ui.dll (Ver : 2016.1.225.40). Now this widget working fine where same version is available within "SitefinityWebApp".

But it is giving error if we add this widget to other "SitefinityWebApp" project where Telerik.Sitefinity.dll version : 9.0.5950.0, Telerik.OpenAccess.dll version : 2015.3.1221.1.

Anyone please help me how I will control/manage this issue ?

Thanks,

Tapas

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello,

Please, check the following KB article:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-error-when-upgrading-to-sitefinity

You should set it for the assemblies which version mismatches.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed