Classifying content items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:37

Classifying content items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello!

I am trying to create a custom field on a content item which will allow an administrator to tag other content items on the site. For instance, I would like to specify that a Blog Post to be related to 5 different News Items on the site.

What strategies would you recommend for this purpose?

I realize I could create a new classification type called "News Items", and then create a taxa corresponding to every actual News Item that has been already previously created. Then, create custom field within Blog Post which use the this "News Items" classification type.

However, the above approach isn't my preference since it would require that administrators enter each News Item twice and it could be a challenge to keep both the News Items and taxa in sync.

Is it possible to simply create a custom data provider for classifications, which would be able to perform a query on all existing News Items on the site, and then display a list of the News Items for the administrator to select from, rather than a list of taxa?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Kevin,

Yes, you could create your own taxonomy provider that inherits from TaxonomyDataProvider and register it under Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Taxonomy -> Providers.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed