Extended Intrasite Jobs Module Example

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:41

Extended Intrasite Jobs Module Example

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi there

I have been following the Sitefinity 4 developers guide on how to create a custom module and with the example project in the SDK I have been able to produce my own module with some success. It does not yet build but I believe that is because I am trying to implement a multiple table module and have not understood how to correctly do this.

So my request is that is it possible that a demonstration project be released (like jobs) that shows how to create a module with multiple tables? For example each job has a reference to manager that is stored in a managers table. A manager might have a name, a title and perhaps an email address. And each manager has a reference to a department that is stored in a departments table. The third table would be good to show how relationships are chained together.

The example would then show how they are made to relate and how to correctly provide the Fluent mappings, managers, providers etc...

Thanks in advance if a mult-table module has already been built somewhere.

Cheers,
Steven.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Steven Harrap,

You can take a look at the Products catalog sample - it has a custom type - Product - that inherits from Content, it has its own provider and manager and the assembly that is built is enhanced through the OpenAccess enhancer. Also it creates around 7 tables, but this is handled by OpenAccess - all you need to do is define the persistent classes and apply the appropritate mappings.

You should find everything in the SDK sample.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed