load balancing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:15

load balancing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

hi
a little confused with the load balancing issue

we have two server serving the same site, on one of them we disabled sitefinity and we enter content in the other.
my question is the load balancing in sitefinity uses url services or is the cache manager or page manager knows
when the content has changed in the other server?

if we are going to have a problem with direct url connection can we change the pagemanager/cache manager to use sql depepncy ?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Udi,

When using Sitefinity in a load balanced solution you must set the load balancing settings in the System configurations. And yes Sitefinity uses messaging between the servers to let them know that they need to update their cache of each item when you modify it. This is why each server in the load balanced solution must be able to communicate with the other.

There is no option to use SQL dependency for now.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

hi
we have a problem with our client with the load balancing setup.
can i set the load balancing with direct calls to clear page information ?
can i call the direct load balancing service ?
we have sitefinity Pro + load balancing modle license can it be made ?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Udi,

Can you please explain what configuration settings you have already done and shed some light on your infrastructure setup?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed