What is the difference between IContentLifecycleManager and

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:04

What is the difference between IContentLifecycleManager and ILifecycleManager?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,

When I compiled my custom module for Sitefinity 4.2 I have got a lot of warnings which said that IContentLifecycleManager is now obsolete.

I *do not* use Lifecycle features in my module. However, it is a requirement of ContentServiceBase. If a custom manager does not implement IContentLifecycleManager  there is no way to use it in the services based on ContentServiceBase.

I'm wondering which interface I have to use in the custom ModuleManager class?

Thanks in advance,
Anton

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Anton,

The main difference between ILifecycleManager and IContentLifecycleManager is that ILiecycleManager allows to have a multilingual lifecycle for non content based items. We've rewriten the ProductsModule in the SDK with ILifecycleManager. 
About your module - you can create a module without lifecycle but it will require more work. Like you noticed the ContentServiceBase. Could you share more details about your module and is there any specific reason not have lifecycle?

Greetings,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed