How to set external file as "set as home page" ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:47

How to set external file as "set as home page" ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

It is possible to set "index.html" file (external file) as "set as home page" using Sitefinity 4.2?
Please let me know asap.

Thanks

Hi Gopalraman,

Yes this can be done
Select your current home page and click Actions->Title and properties check this page redirects to another page and enter the url path to index.html

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Hi Stanislav Velikov,

Thanks for your reply.
If a page set as "Home Page" then the "Title and properties" section automatically removes "This page redirects to another page" check box property.

So we are unable to perform your setting.

Please help on this:

1) If the page is "set as Home page" it doesn't have to property to "Page Redirect"
2) A "Page Redirect" enabled page doesn't have the property to set as home page

Thanks
Vijay

Hello Vijay,

I have attached a user control you can easy register in your project that will do the redirect target page for you. Enter the url in Redirect Strind textbox of this control.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Hi Stanislav Velikov,

Thanks for your quick assistance.
Still this solution not solving my problem. Because i want to setup "holding.html" a flat file as start-up-page for my site. I don't want to setup any sitefinity built page as start-up-page for the application.

In Sitefinity 3.7 just we do iis setting to achieve this. But in 4.2 its not at all regagonizing iis configuration.

Thanks
Vijay

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Vijay,

Create your .html page at the root of the site and enter index.html in the widget I sent you and you will be redirected to the page(index.html). You should enter the name if the page in RedirectString field.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Stanislav Velikov,

Thanks for your reply.
Still the same solution you are giving again.

Is there any way other than having "widget" in Sitefinity page?

Thanks
Vijay

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Vijay,

For redirects Sitefinity relies on ASP.NET redirect methods. Another option that adding the widget can be found here. Create a master page and add redirect tags.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed