Value cannot be null

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:12

Value cannot be null

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi 

I've got a problem while trying to access my homepage. It occur only with homepage and only when  I logged out from sitefinity

It seems to me that something wrong with database...

Here is stack trace:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source]
   System.Linq.Enumerable.Where(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +4188327
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecuredObjectExtensions.GetActivePermissions(ISecuredObject securedObject) +640
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityExtensions.IsGranted(ISecuredObject item, String permissionSet, Guid[] principals, Int32 actions) +1213
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityExtensions.IsGranted(ISecuredObject item, String permissionSet, String[] actions) +785
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecuredObjectExtensions.IsGranted(ISecuredObject securedObject, SecurityActionTypes actionType) +940
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SecuredControl.get_IsGranted() +104
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SecuredControl.get_Visible() +68
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +18
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Any suggestions ? 

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

I encountered this issue previously when I had a widget (or layout control) on a page that was set to be viewable only by administrators.

Can you check the widget and layout control permissions on the page and verify they are set to be viewable by everyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Yes, all  widget and layout control permissions on the page are set to be viewable by everyone.
I can't edit homepage template. All 'edit' & 'more' tools are non-clickable.
And while creating new template I've got message box : 'Input sequence contains more than one element' even if I added nothing

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Anton,

Can you try to remove the control and drop it again on the page? Sometimes you can experience similar behaviour after upgrading your project. Is this your case? If it is not can you tell me what have you done prior to start receiving the error?

About the Input sequence contains more than one element error - I have answered you in the support ticket.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed