Creation of localized content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:42

Creation of localized content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm wondering how to manage a corporate English website with local pages in local languages.

By default any pages in my website are created with an "EN" version.
How can I set up my Spanish folder to display the "SP" version by default, the French folder to display the "FR" version by default, etc...?

Any tips are welcome :)

Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. By default when you have a multilingual site Sitefinity uses a folder localization strategy - that is your English pages have URLs like .../en/page... , the French pages have URLs like .../fr/page..., etc.

What do you mean by Spanish folder?

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

My website is in english, all my content exist in english but we are
 also providing for our local offices some pages where they can put content in local languages. so 90% of my pages to navigate are in EN and only 10% have localized content.

here is an example of situation where I need your expertise.
I have a WW event with an advertising banner in EN, FR, DE, ES and IT.
When they visit our website from a corporate entry page I want to display the banner in EN.
when they click on the page "Spain" which displays our spanish contact info I want to display the ES banner "automatically" and then when the user click onto a corporate page he gets back an EN content. 

does it helps?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

On the pages that have translations you could use the Language Selector widget - it will allow you to switch between the language versions of the current page. You should use "split" mode for the pages so that you could drop separate widgets on each language version.

For example inside your ES version of the page you can add the Spanish banner and inside your EN version - an English one.

The URLs of the pages will be ../en/... and ../es/... - is this not what you need?

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Hi Lubomir,
"You should use "split" mode for the pages so that you could drop separate widgets on each language version"
what do you mean by that ??? have you an example or a screenshot?

if I drop the language selector widget on a each version of the page how can I set my navigation to display /es/ or /fr/ ???

don't you have a testing version of a website that does it?

Hi Michael,

Split mode means that each language version is independent. When you create a version of the page for the default language and then you add another language you must choose "Start from scratch" - this will separate the two versions of the pages.

If your pages use a common template it is best to drop the language selector on this template.

The /es/ and /fr/ are generated automatically - you do not need to do anything in addition.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed