Custom field for Taxonomies?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:21

Custom field for Taxonomies?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

I was wondering that if there could be any way to have custom field like Value as well with Title of taxonomies?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Saad,

Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve? There are two widget controls - Tags and Categories in the toolbox, that you can drop on a page. Are they not what you are looking for?

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Actually, I am looking for a categorization for lets say Product Items in which each tag would be having its Value for an internal use (that is, not only category name and/or guid).

For example:
If I have a Jquery UI Slider implemented on my website which would be used for Product Items filtration based on categories allocated to each. And filtration would get into account on the basis of Value of each category and the slider value.

Please suggest.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Saad,

If I understand you correctly you want to assign Categories to products and then display a list of assigned Categories - is that correct? The Categories widget is just the widget you are looking for.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed