Jobs Module tutorial with Sitefinity 4.2 not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:37

Jobs Module tutorial with Sitefinity 4.2 not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

I have built the Jobs Module using the exact code provided in the SDK Samples directory and I did modify the project file to include the following.

<ProjectExtensions>
   <VisualStudio>
     <UserProperties OpenAccess_EnhancementOutputLevel="1" OpenAccess_UpdateDatabase="False" OpenAccess_Enhancing="False" OpenAccess_ConnectionId="DatabaseConnection1" OpenAccess_ConfigFile="App.config" />
   </VisualStudio>
 </ProjectExtensions>
 <PropertyGroup>
   <OpenAccessPath>$(SolutionDir)C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.2\SDK\Content\Common\Dependencies\</OpenAccessPath>
 </PropertyGroup>
 <Import Condition="Exists('$(OpenAccessPath)\OpenAccess.targets')" Project="$(OpenAccessPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />

When I install the module in sitefinity I get the following error:

No metadata has been registered for class Jobs.Model.JobApplication. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced.

I haven't changed the code at all so something must be missing right?  Does this actually work with 4.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Kris,

The module was tested and works with 4.2. I think the problem is an incorrect path to the enhancer. The path "$(SolutionDir)C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.2\SDK\Content\Common\Dependencies\" from the file you've sent is neither absolute, nor relative. 

$(SolutionDir) gets substituted with the path to your solution, so this creates an invalid path. Please leave only the rest and remove "$(SolutionDir)" from the project file. Let us know if it works.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Yeah that was it. For whatever reason the default csproj file didnt work but if I remove the $(SolutionDir)
and put in the exact path it worked.

Thanks

This thread is closed