Programmatically adding user control to page on creation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:46

Programmatically adding user control to page on creation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello.

I'm using Sitefinity 4.2. I have created a masterpage, with content placeholders, which I am using as a template when creating a new page. I then have several different custom user controls, which I drop into the different placeholders, and set the parameters for them through the control edit forms. This standard scenario works fine.

As our end users are not very sophisticated, I would like to create a new scenario in which, when a new page is created via the admin console on the basis of my masterpage, different controls are programmatically inserted into the various placeholders, and values for control properties are set. All the end user then has to do is to tweak the property values on one or two controls, and he's done.

Any ideas on how I would go about doing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Joao,

You can check our documentation which contains code sample on how you can achieve that.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed