Unable to add new properties to existing widget designer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:03

Unable to add new properties to existing widget designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

I created a widget in my Sitefinity project (as opposed to creating a separate Visual Studio project) using the same approach as in the Donation widget of the Education starter kit. I now need to add additional properties to the widgets designer.  The textboxes for the new properties appear on the DesignerTemplate. However, the new properties do not get passed back and forth between simple and advanced view. Nor are the properties entered into the "simple" view saved.

I tried the following:
1. Deleted the widget from all pages.
2. Deleted the widget from the toolbox.
3. Rebooted my windows 7 development machine.
4. Deleted temp asp.net files.
5. Re-registered the widget on the toolbox.
6. Still doesn't work.

I don't know what else to try, do you have any suggestions?

In order to ensure there were no errors in my code, I tried the following and it worked.
1. Created a new Sitefinity site.
2. Copied the folder that contains the widget into the new Visual Studio project.
3. Registered the widget on the toolbox

All of the properties work in the new project. However, since I have a lot of content in the database, creating a new site is not really an option.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello David,

Please make sure you have properly used get/set in your control. You can debug it to see why the values are not getting passed. Also you can visit our documentation and review the section related to the custom designers. It contains valuable information and code samples.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed