Associate Images within Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:40

Associate Images within Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

I've been struggling with this for a minute.  I need the ability to add images within a custom module's edit area.  I've been playing with the MultiImageFieldElement control, but have had no luck; it seems to be exactly what I need, but I can't get it to save.  Does anyone know how to get an image uploader into a custom module?  
This is the first module I've created in 4.2; I've created many in previous incarnations.  Every module I'm going to need will need this functionality, so I would like to get this resolved asap.

Thanks,
Patrick 

P.S.
This is based on Josh Morales' walkthrough

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Patrick Herrington,

Please review our responses in the support tickets that you have opened and let us know if the suggestion from there will fit your needs.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello, I have similar task (my post). I'm going a little different path and not using MultiImageFieldElement.
Did you finally found solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Denis,

Please review the attached sample project and custom field.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/304704_5F00_ImageSelector_2D00_part01.rar:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/304705_5F00_ImageSelector_2D00_part02.rar:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/296/304706_5F00_ImageSelector_2D00_part03.rar:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Denis,
Could you please let us know how we can implement MultiImageFieldElement?

If its like we`ll need to make our own custom ones for these situations then why did Telerik make MultiImageFieldElement which doesnt work?!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Saad,

I definitely will let you know as soon as I will be back (I'm traveling right now).
I should try and post result by the end of next week.

Thanks,
Denis.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

I am afraid how you guys have managed to implement this (MultiImageFieldElement) in eCommerce-Products section.
I see no proper documentation for implementing such new situations but straight forward text fields. I am sorry but people doesn`t pay for such basic functionality.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Saad,

The MultiImageFieldElement is developed for the use of the Ecommerce module. It was not intended to be used in other modules. I will try to wrap a sample on how this can be achieved in a third party module and will follow up in this thread.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Hello Georgiev,
We`re really depending on this one. If we get this functionality (MultiImageFieldElement) in our custom modules (made by following sdk sample Products module), it would be a great thing.
I hope you will be able to provide us with a sample module or instructions on this soon!

I had to go a totally different way to get my modules to work correctly.  And it was all because of this one control.  The Telerik Support team told me I would have to create a custom control that with the functionality I needed, because the MutiFieldImageElement wasn't meant for custom modules.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Great!
Talks ends here.

What about existing module, like News? Will it work there?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Was this issue resolved finally?

Saad, did you finally create multi-image control?
Some working examples was promised. I'm still waiting.

Thanks,
Denis.

This thread is closed