Search Indexing for Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:24

Search Indexing for Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I've recently been using the Search feature in Sitefinity. I've already defined my scope and as such I'm pulling back results based on the News Items and Events but there isn't an option for Pages. Is there a way of getting my pages to be indexed as well so I can return. I'm seeing in the list of items that I can index in the documentation: 
Static HTML in pages

Is this referring to my pages that I would have published?

Hi Jesse,

By default including each content type in your search index will index it separately (this is due to the fact that content in Sitefinity is stored in the database, and is displayed on the page by content widgets)  Including the Static HTML in Pages option in your scope would index all the rest HTML that you have present on your pages.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Boyan,

Thanks for you response. I do have Static HTML in Pages selected, however it doesn't return all the pages that I've published. I have a concern however. Given that I did the search scope, I'm pulling back results which is good, however it's not pulling back the original pages. It's pulling back the News Items that are published based on a template of a News Widget.

For e.g: I would have posted a news item on a page lets say in "About Us", then I would Search for "About Us" but because the scope can only select items in News page my news item content would show based on the News page and not based on the original page which is "About Us". Hope I'm clear enough on the matter at hand. Can this be rectified or can the News scope extend beyond just one page? The only option i was thinking of would be to do another index and select another page again.

Hello Jesse,

I understand your concern. The way search widget displays search results is the following - once you specify a content type (e.g. News) to be included in the scope, it will index all the content of that type, so you'll be able to search for the news items. The default page setting serves only to tell the search results widget where to display that content once you click on it (i.e. it can be any page, that contains the News widget on it)

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed