Getting unhandled exception when adding new generic content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:59

Getting unhandled exception when adding new generic content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

SF 3.2.1616.2:1 (yes older legacy system)

When attempting to add new generic content, I'm getting the following exception on the back-end:

A required control was not found in the template for "Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.Admin.ControlPanel+EditorContainer". The control must be assignable form type "Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.ContentMetaFields" and must have ID "editMetaFields".

Nothing has been done with the SiteFinity core code/DLLs since installation. In fact, there are been no changes to the system in quite awhile. Anyone want to take a stab at this one???

See attached GIF for stack trace.....

Thanks for your help....

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Ben,

Someone has modified a template, backend template and changed the position or deleted a control with ID editMetaFields.

I suppose that this is a template from a module and it is used for editing metadata like categories.

You can check the templates from a default installation or search for the missing control in templates that are loaded upon your request. If you use source control check the latest changes to see what has been checked into the system.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan,

I found the problem. I replaced ControlPanelInsert.ascx in the admin/controltemplates/generic_control directory with a copy from another 3.2 installation that is functioning. This solved the problem. Not sure why that file was corrupted....it hasn't been edited.

Ben

This thread is closed