Losing bin files when adding class library

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:11

Losing bin files when adding class library

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

If I open a project in Visual Studio from the project manager and add a Class Library as a project to the solution most of the dlls in the SitefinityWebApp disappear causing a large number of errors. If I paste the dlls back in the bin directory, the same thing happens. If I paste the dlls back in the bin directory and remove the Class Library all works well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

I know that doing a "Rebuild" (not Build) in Visual studio will cause most of the dlls to disappear...is that whats happening?

Hi Steve,

Yes, just checked it out and that is what's happening. I thought it had to do with the Class Library.

So is the solution is "don't use rebuild" or is there something that needs to be changed?

Thanks,
John

Nope literally that simple...try and train yourself out of it :)

I believe there's a PITS issue to try and fix that...but pits is a nightmare to navigate so please excuse my unwillingness to go a-browsing :)

If this answers the post, could I bug you to Mark as Answered perhaps? :)

For me, I place all dlls in separate folder and rereferencing them from the project so no need to worry about breaking the site upon build/rebuild action. If you like, you can check my notes here.

Thank you Steve and Mayvelous for your responses.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

HI

Make all relevant dlls in \bin read only. That's what I do and even if I rebuild thery stay.

Regards

Yahya

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

I just had the same thing happen in v5

All your DLL's are in the _EmptyProject folder in the root of  C:\Program files\Telerik\Sitefinity 5.0 folder for version 5.0

This thread is closed