Set a pages Default URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:03

Set a pages Default URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Does anyone know how to set the default url for a page?  I currently have all my pages under a page called home and I would like "home" to be removed from all pages?  I want the pages nested for organization, but there is no need for the url to be ~/home/projects instead of ~/projects.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

As I understand it, setting the multipleURLs field creates 301 redirects back to the url specified at the top of the page, it doesn't create two URLs....correct me if I'm wrong on that someone :)  I believe google would penalize you for that, wouldn't they (the bots, duplicate content)?

Personally I don't nest anything under Home (although I use "Home" myself)...as it does what you don't want to happen :)  I mean unless you're going to have multiple root nodes on the Home level, it's probably better organized at that level.  When everything is collapsed in the pages table it'll also save you a click to expand the nodes.

(just my two cents)
Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

That's the exact problem. we are planning on having multiple root nodes for various sub-domain sites.  And, from what I'm seeing it is a 301 redirect.  The thing that gets me is that when I set the root node to the home page I can get home with /, but it doesn't carry through to the sub-pages.

I can accomplish what I'm trying to do by using the iis rewrite module, but I'm hoping Sitefinity has this covered.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Patrick Herrington,

At the moment Sitefinity does not allow default URL for a page that is other than the one already generated. Have you considered this approach: Sitefinity 4 - Multiple domain configuration.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed