Theme Conversion From 3.7 to 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:46

Theme Conversion From 3.7 to 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

I am having issues getting the navigation control to appear in 4.0 as it did in 3.7.  I copied my Theme to the App_Theme/Theme-Name/Global directory and while the theme seems to apply correctly to the rest of the page, the RadMenu (navigation control) is appearing without any styles.

I have a RadMenu.skin file in the Global folder which references the Menu folder and i tried setting the wrapper to Menu and it still doesnt work.

How can i get the navigation skin from 3.7 to work in 4.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Ok, so in the Nav control down on the bottom right you specified the wrapper class (skin) as "Menu"?

That means your custom skin .css should have items in it like this

.RadMenu_Menu
.RadMenu_Menu a.rmLink

Assuming that's all right, I would then as a next step fire up Firefox, and firebug.  Go to the "Net" tab and make sure that CSS file is indeed coming down okay.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Peter,

What Steve suggested is the correct approach to attach styling in Skin files to your navigation control. If you are experiencing any more troubles applying the styling please write back.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

The wrapper class was set up correctly as were the css class names.  The problem turned out to be that the .skin file in the root of the theme was causing the css file not to be read correctly for some reason.  In 3.7 we had our theme set up with the skin file at the root of the theme and the Menu css and files in a folder named Menu:

Custom Theme
---Menu
-------Menu.css
-------img.gif
---Panel
Menu.skin

The minute i deleted the skin file and moved the menu.css file to the root, it seemed to work fine (i had to update the image references in the css file, but that wasnt too much.)

Hope this makes sense.

This thread is closed