add-to-cart for product

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:38

add-to-cart for product

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,
I have a custom product list! I need to have "Add to cart" button for each product, but I dont know how

thanks 

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Majid,

ECommerce is a new module and it is still not very customizable. You can add the button to the List template of all products, but it wouldn't work because right now the productID cannot be resolved unless you have navigated to the details page of a selected product. This said, for now you will have to click on a product (to open the detail page) and then add the product to your cart. 

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Svetoslav Petsov,
I have exactly the problem you refered! I have a button in product List view and after clicking on, It says productId is null, but in Detail view it's ok!
I hope we have it in new SP!

Thanks for your reply
Majid

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Majid,

This feature is logged into our system and is now on our roadmap. However, we currently have a lot of features that are set up for our next release (4.3), so this will be released as an option a little further in time (possibly in our 4.4 release).

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Is it possible when you override the default ProductsFrontendMaster view with a custom one? Can we then use the ProductID?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Editing the templates wouldn't solve the ID problem. The only way would be to implement a custom control but it would have to re-implement the whole list functionality there (to change the way the productID is resolved).

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Well, that is what I mean, actually.
Better re-implement it then offer a very limited list.

Anyway, it would be of great help to have some sort of workflow description on how to order a product from beginning to end, through the API.

There is no way that the default ProductList view and the ProductDetail view are going to fit for each design, and since our designs have great value to the customer, I have to re-write these controls anyway.

Could you provide me of some workflow, or at least the methods I should use?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I'm sending you some examples on how to use the ECommerce's API to create Customers, add them Orders, create Products and so on. Please review the examples and get back to me if you have any questions.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks for the update. Really helpful, since I was planning on writing an import procedure :)
One thing I'm still like to know is how to add the 'add-to-cart' functionality through code.

I have a custom control which shows a list of products. So I'll have to add a button to which should have an action that let's users place the product inside the basket.

The default functionality is updating the cart automatically, but I'm wondering if this can also be achieved through the API?

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

You can try using the Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI.AddToCartWidget in your template and in your code get the control and set its ProductId property to the selected product in your list (this way overriding its default functionality by getting the productId from the URL)

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks. That worked. The only problem here is that I don't like the default view of this control.
So e.g. I don't want the textbox for the amount of items, I just want the button.

Probably this is not possible.

So how can I simulate this from code? What steps do I have to take to add a product to my shopping cart?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

You can always change the template of your control. What you need to do is - you need to inherit the AddToCartWidget class, change the LayoutTemplatePath property (in order to change the template). At initialize control, the Text property of the QuantityControl (that is the TextBox on the template) is always set to "1" so if you just hide that field, then its value would always be "1". Here's the default template that you can change (for example add a css property to the TextBox that hides it):

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <sf:Message runat="server" ID="addedToCartMessage" CssClass="sfMessage sfTopMsg" RemoveAfter="10000" />
    </ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

<asp:Label ID="quantityLabel" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:OrdersResources, QuantityColon %>' AssociatedControlID="quantity" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="quantityRequiredFieldValidator" runat="server"
    ControlToValidate="quantity"
    ValidationGroup="addToCart"
    Display="Dynamic"
    CssClass="sfErrorWrp">
        <span class="sfError"><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="lProductQuantityIsRequired" Text="<%$Resources:OrdersResources, ProductQuantityIsRequired %>" /></span>   
</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<asp:RangeValidator ID="quantityValidator" runat="server"
    MinimumValue="1"
    MaximumValue="9999"
    ControlToValidate="quantity"
    ValidationGroup="addToCart"
    Type="Integer"
    Display="Dynamic"
    CssClass="sfErrorWrp">
        <span class="sfError"><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="lProductQuantityIsInvalid" Text="<%$Resources: OrdersResources, ProductQuantityIsInvalid %>" /></span>   
</asp:RangeValidator>
<asp:TextBox ID="quantity" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt sfQuantity" />

<asp:Button ID="addToCartButton" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:OrdersResources, AddToCart %>' ValidationGroup="addToCart" CssClass="sfAddToCartBtn" />

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

Is this resolved in 4.4 version. We would like to add "buy now" button in the products list page itself.

Best Regards,
Cormac

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Cormac,

The feature is not built out of the box in Sitefinity 4.4. However you can achieve the functionality by using our API currently.
If you wish to see the feature in action please go to http://screencast.com/t/0M9UtFwc

For detailed steps to setup your project with the code attached to the response read below

Here is the list of steps that you need to do

1. Copy the CustomProductMasterView.ascx and CustomBuyNowView.ascx files to SitefinityWebApp project
  2. Now go to pages in Sitefinity Backend, open the page which has product list widget. Hit Edit->Advanced->ControlDefinition->Views->ProductsFrontEndMaster
  3. And set TemplatePath to ~/CustomProductMasterView.ascx (Setting_Template.png)
  4. Save and publish.

Things to note in CustomProductMasterView.ascx file –

1. We are using a BuyNow widget to perform add to cart operation. There is reason for doing so. If your product were to have any Product Variations (feature introduced in 4.4), the add to cart button on the master list does not make sense as the user of your site has to pick options before adding the product to the cart.
  2. So the BuyNow widget, decides whether to add the item to cart directly or to redirect the user product detail page where he can pick the options and add the product to cart.
  3. I added couple of lines to CustomProductMasterView.ascx which are not a part of the actual template. They are –
<%@ Register Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI.Views" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:BuyNowView ID="usrBuyNowView" runat="server" ProductId= '<%# Eval("Id") %>' ProductsListPageId ="B23147EE-D087-4147-8C13-147902562DA4" CheckoutPageId="6C588951-BBFA-4C70-A983-46A41DA3B022" LayoutTemplatePath="~/CustomBuyNowView.ascx" />
  1. Please note the ProductsListPageId, CheckoutPageId properties, these are two properties that you have to change according to your project.

Let us know if you have any further questions

Kind regards,
Venkata Koppaka
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2013 00:00

I've used the code on this page to create an AddToCart button, and it worked just fine up to 5.4. From 6.0 it is not working anymore, and debugging this is a nightmare.

Has someone a working sample on how to get a add-to-cart-button in product lists? And I am NOT talking about a BUY NOW button - that is NOT the same :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Ole,

Please see this video concerning the deployment and functionality of the sample. The code of the template is as follows:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Model" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.ComponentModel" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Ecommerce.Catalog.Model" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity.Ecommerce" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Orders.Web.UI"
    TagPrefix="sfOrders" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields"
    TagPrefix="sfFields" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sfCatalog" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI.Fields" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity.Ecommerce"%>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.Catalog.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity.Ecommerce" %>

<div id="Div1" runat="server" visible="false" class="sfErrorSummary sfTopMsg">
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" />
</div>

<asp:Placeholder id="widgetBody" runat="server">
    <div class="sfClearfix">
    <div class="sfProductsSortByWrp" id="productSortControlWrp" runat="server">
        <sf:SortProductsControl ID="sortProductsControl" runat="server" />
    </div>

<sf:TotalProductsControl runat="server" ID="totalProductsControlTop" CssClass="sfCatalogTotalCount" />

<sf:Pager id="topPager" runat="server" DisplayCount="3" ShowPrevAndNext="true" CssClass="sfCatalogPager" />

<sf:ItemsPerPageSelector ID="itemsPerPageSelectorTop" runat="server" GroupingKey="Products" CssClass="sfitemsPerPageWrp" />

<telerik:RadListView ID="productsListView"
                         runat="server"
                         ItemPlaceholderID="ProductContainer"
                         EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"
                         EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
        <LayoutTemplate>
            <ul class="sfproductsList">
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ProductContainer" runat="server" />
            </ul>
        </LayoutTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate>
            <li class="sfproductListItem">
                <div class="sfproductTmbWrp">
                    <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="thumbnailLink" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("ThumbnailUrl") %>' Text='<%# Eval("ThumbnailAlternativeText") %>' ToolTip='<%# Eval("Title") %>' />
                </div>
                <h2 class="sfproductTitle">
                    <sf:DetailsViewHyperLink ID="DetailsViewHyperLink1" Text='<%# (Eval("Title").ToString()).TruncateString(56, SitefinityExtensions.TruncateOptions.IncludeEllipsis) %>' runat="server" CssClass="sfproductTitleLnk" />
                </h2>
                <div class="sfproductPrice">
                    <sfCatalog:DisplayPriceField id="displayPriceField" ObjectType="Product" ObjectId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' runat="server" />
                </div>

<sf:ProductDynamicFields id="productDynamicFieldsControl" ProductItem='<%# Page.GetDataItem() %>' runat="server" />

<div class="sfproductOptions">
                            <sf:ProductOptionsControl id="productOptionsControl" ProductItem='<%# Page.GetDataItem() %>' runat="server" />
                        </div>

<div class="sfAddToCartWidget">
                            <sfOrders:AddToCartWidget ID="addToCartWidget" ProductId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' runat="server" />
                        </div>

<%--NOTE: Uncomment the next line to display custom product fields--%>
                <%--<sf:ProductDynamicFields id="productDynamicFields" runat="server"></sf:ProductDynamicFields>--%>
            </li>
        </ItemTemplate>
    </telerik:RadListView>
    <sf:TotalProductsControl runat="server" ID="totalProductsControlBottom" CssClass="sfCatalogTotalCount" />
    <sf:Pager id="pager" runat="server" DisplayCount="3" ShowPrevAndNext="true" CssClass="sfCatalogPager" />
    <sf:ItemsPerPageSelector ID="itemsPerPageSelectorBottom" runat="server" GroupingKey="Products" CssClass="sfitemsPerPageWrp" />

</div>
</asp:Placeholder>

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2014 00:00

Is there a way to remove the add to cart functionality for a product?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

It is not recommended to remove the add to cart widget from the page. What I could suggest you is to hide it but not remove it. For example, change the code of the widget to looks like:

<div class="sfAddToCartWidget" style="display:none">
     <sfOrders:AddToCartWidget ID="addToCartWidget" ProductId='<%# Eval("Id") %>' runat="server" />
</div>

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed