Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:13

login status control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,
I want to have a control to have:
1. "Register | Login" for anonymous users
2."Logout | Profile" for registered and  logged in users

FYI: I wanted to write a new control and address it in login properties by field : LoggedInTemplate and LoggedOutTemplate, but after saving the lightbox, they return to default value. I also tried to write my own control by <Asp:loginview...> but I couldn't.

Regards,
Majid

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Majid,

There is no need to write custom controls for this scenario. Sitefinity offers very convenient login widgets, out of the box. Here's what you can do:
You can create a page with a Login widget on it (located in the Login tab of the page's widget), together with a Login Status control (in the same tab) which will show if you are logged in and will let you Log Out when you are. You can then add a hyperlink on that page that leads to another page, where you have put a Registration widget (located in the Users tab of Sitefinity's widgets). In the same tab, you also have the Profile widget, which is by default set to show to currently logged in user and also allows this user to change his profile type.
I hope that helps you, if you need any further customizations, please feel free to write back.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed