Anyone have sample code on how to connect to Sitefinity 4.x

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:57

Anyone have sample code on how to connect to Sitefinity 4.x as a service?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

I'm interested in using Sitefinity 4.x (have 4.2 SP1 now) for our main website and as our general publishing platform, however, I would like to be able to retrieve some Sitefinity data from a client for mobile phones using WCF. Is anyone else doing this yet? Are there any blog articles or sample code on doing this successfully?

- is it a matter of just coding up my client app and pointing to the right Sitefinity WCF service? (does the client need to be authorized?)

- Or do I have to extend Sitefinity in some way to make it possible first?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Here is the Dev Guide link on the topic for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/deep-dive-client-side-programming-implementing-your-own-restful-wcf-service-creating-a-sitefinity-wcf-service.html

Before I head too far down that road, I was mainly wondering if anyone had worked with it yet and if there were any gotchas or tips.

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Dan

I don’t know what you are trying to do but I wrote a straight forward web servcie, placed it in SF root folder and added all the methods I needed into it. Works fine for what I need.

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Here is the best example yet on how to use Sitefinity's WCF services from a non-Sitefinity client complete with Source Code:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/svetlayankova/posts/11-11-01/getting_started_with_restful_services_in_sitefinity.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi guys,

Indeed, this is a very good blog post. What I can add here is one more example of logging in and consuming a GetAllUsers service from another application. 
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed