Sitefinity 4.2 and CAPTCHA

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:01

Sitefinity 4.2 and CAPTCHA

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2011 00:00

I need to create a CAPTCHA widget I can use to prevent bots from harvesting email addresses from the website.  My intent was to have website users click on a link that opens a CAPTCHA, requires the user to enter the correct CAPTCHA information, and then redirects the user to a forms page that allows the user to submit their question.

I've investigated using the RadCAPTCHA control, but from perusing the forums, it appears that control is having issues in Sitefinity 4.2.

Has anyone implemented a CAPTCHA routine in Sitefinity 4.2 for protecting email addresses from bots? 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Kevin,

Could you give us more details on the matter? Do you need a captcha custom field control that you would insert in your forms? If you simply want a landing page with a captcha control on it, then you could use any free captcha control like

http://www.mondor.org/captcha.aspx

http://mycaptcha.codeplex.com/

and then you can assign a code-behind class to the page with the control where you will handle the logic that verifies the code, etc.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Ludomir,

We are looking to do something similar to Kevin, but it would be as you mentioned with the captcha custom field control that we want to drop onto the form. Is this possible? We are on version 4.4. I am fairly new to Sitefinity so any info you could provide on this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
-Nic

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Ludomir,

We are looking to do something similar to Kevin, but it would be as you mentioned with the captcha custom field control that we want to drop onto the form. Is this possible? We are on version 4.4. I am fairly new to Sitefinity so any info you could provide on this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
-Nic

This thread is closed