Register Custom Control

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:43

Register Custom Control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

I must say in full disclosure that I have opened this same ticket as a support ticket but I am interested if the open forum is a more effective way to get timely support.

So basically the following code fails because (I am assuming) there is something wrong with the following register:

<%@ Register Assembly="Sitefinity.Widgets.Maps.Bing.BingMapWidget, Sitefinity.Widgets.Maps, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" Namespace="Sitefinity.Widgets.Maps" TagPrefix="mps" TagName="LocationMap" %>

If I attempt to refer to the above assembly:

<mps:LocationMap id="map1" runat="server"></mps:LocationMap>

I get an "unrecognized tag prefix or device filter: mps" If I try to load the DetailsView.ascx nothing displays. If I comment out the above lines then the detail location loads/displays correctly.

The Maps assembly is referenced in the Location project and the associated dll is in the Locations bin. I also use this Maps widget as a registered toolbox widget for SF pages and that works perfect. Please take a look at the screen shot that shows what my evironment looks like. Basically I am trying to insert this map widget into my Location widget's detail view. Both the Locations and Maps widget are from the SF SDK. I currently am running SF4.2 build 1733.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

I figured this out by getting a reference to the map project and setting the selected location in the ascx.cs and then inserting into a Placeholder control:

<telerik:RadListView ID="DetailsView" ItemPlaceholderID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <div class="column-small">
            <div class="block">
            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="phMap" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
            </div>
        </div>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

protected override void InitializeControls(GenericContainer container, IContentViewDefinition definition)
DetailsViewControl.ItemDataBound += this.DetailsView_ItemDataBound;

protected void DetailsView_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadListViewItemEventArgs e)
RadListViewDataItem dataItem = e.Item as RadListViewDataItem;
var item = dataItem as RadListViewItem;
var ph = item.FindControl("phMap") as System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder;

var locationsView = (LocationsView)this.Host;
var info = locationsView.DetailItem as LocationItem;

var map = null as Sitefinity.Widgets.Maps.Bing.BingMapWidget;
map = new Sitefinity.Widgets.Maps.Bing.BingMapWidget();
map.Latitude = "39.525913";
map.Longitude = "-74.647017";
map.Street = info.Address;
map.City = info.City;
map.State = info.Region;
map.Zipcode = info.PostalCode;
ph.Controls.Add(map);

To complete this solution I will add Latetude and Lognitude properties to the Locations designer widget. Hope this helps someone else trying to accomplish the same sort of scenario.

This thread is closed