List of "hostType" values

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:54

List of "hostType" values

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Where can I find a definitive list of "hostType" values for use when setting up viewmaps in ControlsConfig.config?

I have found the following from various threads/blogs, but where can I find the rest that relate to the widget templates in the SDK?

<viewSettings layoutTemplatePath="~/Templates/FilesView.ascx" hostType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Files.Web.UI.FilesView" />
<
viewSettings layoutTemplatePath="~/Templates/LoginControl.ascx" hostType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.LoginControl" />

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Robin,

Unfortunately such list does not exist. However you can get almost all widget templates in the WidgetTemplates archive which can be found in the SDK folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.2\SDK\Content\Resources

You can also use our API reference for more information. Also you can explore the settings of Sitefinity to learn each modules view properties.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

We have the templates from the SDK, however when we want to use any of them, it is not obvious what "hostType" to specify in the configuration to hook up the custom template.

Where can this be found if there isn't a list?

Regards,
Robin

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Robin,

You can use Refrector or JustDecompile to find the host type you need and use it when mapping new templates.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

I know that this post was from over a year ago so I wanted to check in and see id a host type list has become available yet?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Steven,

The host types are still available from the templates in the SDK or by using the previously suggested tools. Unfortunately a list of all host types has not been exposed yet.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed