Where are custom widget templates stored?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:23

Where are custom widget templates stored?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

I'm trying to edit a widget template, but javascript is being stripped out. Is there a way to prevent this happening, or where can I find the template to edit it manually.
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

can you please let us know which Sitefinity version you're using - is it the one associated with this post (4.2.1733) or 4.2.1650? The reason I'm asking is that in 4.2.1650 which was our official release of Sitefinity 4.2 due to security reasons we decided to strip all script tags from the default Sitefinity templates. After some client feedback we changed this and currently 4.2.1733 only server side code is being stripped. However, if you have experienced some issues on our latest officially supported release, please let us know in detail the steps you have taken to reproduce this issue, so we can advice you better. Another approach to customizing your widget templates might be to use the ViewMap and amp an external template to your controls. For more information on mapping external templates to Sitefinity 4.x widgets, please check these resources:
Customizing Sitefinity 4 Controls with the ViewMap
Mapping External Templates for Sitefinity 4 Widgets

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed