RadAjaxPanel Works Only in Page Design

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:35

RadAjaxPanel Works Only in Page Design

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have a very simple usercontrol with a button and text box inside a RadAjaxPanel (The is also a loading panel). When I am in page design the panel works when I do a preview; however, after I publish it, it does not (unless I go back into design mode). Also, I have EnableViewState turned on for the page.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi John S.,

We have replied to you in the support thread you have opened. For your convenience, please find below our reply:
"

Actually, due to the complexity of a Sitefinity page's lifecycle, you'll have the ScriptManager available in Design and Preview mode, but you'll need to adjust your control a little bit, so it works properly in Live mode.  Please find attached a short video I've recorded while testing some of this functionality, and let me know if I'm missing anything. The only change that I've introduced is that I'm using a customized version of RajAjaxPanel which ensures that the Ajax requests will complete properly The custom RajAjaxPanel is built using the same approach as the one with UpdatePanel described in this blog post. For your convenience I'm attaching the revised version of your control and custom RadAjaxPanel along with the video.

"
If there's anything else you'd like to know or have some additional questions, please let us know, we'll be glad to help.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed