search filtering

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:59

search filtering

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Sorry if this question has been answered before. I'm using Sitefiity 4.2 and need to filter the search results based on the top level node of the site map tree. In other words, each top level node (page) represents a different department and users from one department are not interested in search results from another department. Can someone kick me in the right direction on how this can be accompished?

thanks in advance,
Dewayne

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Dewayne,

This can be done by creating a custom search pipe that will handle indexing for only one page node. As an example I can direct you to this blog post with a sample custom pipe for Sitefinity publishing system that is handling searching. Here is how to add new content type to search since indexing pages will index all pages that have a page option their content to be searched and your requirement is to search only specific pages.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Thank you very much! I will check these out.

This thread is closed