Data bind Google Calendar to RadScheduler and Breadcrumb con

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:21

Data bind Google Calendar to RadScheduler and Breadcrumb control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello All,

We are working with the new version of Sitefinity and are facing two issues:
1. Can we data bind Google calendar ical format / ical url to a RadScheduler, I have looked up information about binding Sitefinity Events module to RadScheduler but haven't been successful in finding information about binding Google calendar? Is there any way to do this?

2. As there is no breadcrumb control in 4.2, what are other alternatives that we have. Any suggestions on how to accomplish a dynamic breadcrumb?

Thank you,

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello,

Any suggestions for Google Calendar (iCal/ RSS) binding to RadScheduler? I was able to get the breadcrumb working, but I am still stuck with Google Calendar. Any suggestions?

Thank you for all your time.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello San,

At this moment RadScheduler only provides Export to Outlook, Google Calendar etc. in the form of iCalendar data file. Please take a look at this demo for an example.

If you have further questions - please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello  Veronica,

Thank you for your message, but I am looking for a solution for other way around. I mean I would like put my Google calendars events into RadScheduler. Can we databind the iCal that we get from Google calendar to RadScheduler which essentially is RSS?

Edit: I spoke to soon about the breadcrumb control. I thought I was done with it, but do you have any alternatives for breadcrumb control?

Thank you for all your time.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi San,

As I told you in my previous post - officially RadScheduler doesn't supports import of data. However you can use this Code Library as a guide for importing iCal data into the RadScheduler control.

As per the breadcrump - I am not sure what did you tried and what problems do you face but please take a look at this forum post for example.

Kind regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Veronica,

Thank you for your response.

I will look into the DDay.ical library about importing Google data.I found another post about creating a custom breadcrumb for Sitefinity 4 that worked for me, but I am not 100% sure that it will work for the future updates. Any ideas?
Is the breadcrumb control included in the road map for future releases for Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi San,

Our plans for next Release we will not change Breadcrumbs so if the post is helpful I don't think that this will not work for future releases. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed