Classic ASP

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:05

Classic ASP

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

I have recently migrated a 3.7 site to 4.2.1733 and I have several classic asp controls that I need to use in the new site.  Does anyone know how to enable asp compatibility in Sitefinity 4?  Is there a page that everything inherits from like cmsentrypoint.aspx in 3.7?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

I have received a reply from tech support.  Apparently the ability to set the aspcompat attribute of the page directive is not currently possible in Sitefinity 4.3.  Has anyone found a way around this?  It is simply not possible for us to rewrite all of our classic asp controls.

I have tried to add a code behind to the pages that we need aspcompatibility.  This included the below code.
However, as many people have stated before, setting this attribute in a codebehind does nothing for the page.  The only way to set this is on the aspx page in the @Page directive aspcompat=true.  This however is not possible since the aspx page is generated on the fly by sitefinity.  Any ideas on how to get this to work?

public ClassicASPBasePage : System.Web.UI.Page

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
        base.OnLoad(e);
        this.AspCompatMode = true;

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Aaron,

I have replied you in the support ticket you have previously opened.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Any chance you could share the answer on the thread please others need this too!

Hello Stuart Radlett,

Sitefinity 4 does not support classic asp controls and there are no plans for supporting such controls in near future. We are sorry for the caused problems.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed