How do I send an email in SF4 (for blog post/comment notific

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:20

How do I send an email in SF4 (for blog post/comment notification)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2011 00:00

I need to wire up email notification upon blog posts publication and comment submissions so that I can notify my readers who have subscribed for such a service.

I am relatively new to SF and need directions on what I need to modify to get this to work.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Nathan,

What you need to do in order to implement that functionality is to create two Lifecycle decorators (for BlogPosts and Comments) that would wire to the publish event and send emails to users. There is a KB that describes very well how to do that:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-4-x/overwriting-the-default-lifecycledecorator-for-a-content-manager.aspx
Please read the KB, check the sample and if you have any questions on it or if you have any difficulties during implementation, feel free to get back to me.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed