Changing Culture

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:53

Changing Culture

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Support,

Let me outline the issue we have a connection to a database and we are placing a list of products into a datagrid we are then setting the dataformatstring of a bound column (this column displays the price) to "0:c", and for some reason we are showing $100.00 instead of £100.00.

I have a feeling it is because the culure is set to en instead of en-GB so i guess my question is where and how do I change the culture from en to en-GB.

Thanks in advance for you help

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hey all,

Dont mean to sound pushy just wondering if anyone out there can point me in the right direction (im not looking for the answers to be posted here although...... lol) I just would like some links or something showing what it is i need to look at.

I have looked through the documentation but i just cant see anything relevant (maybe me being blind!)

I have also looked on the net I have tried changing the locale of the datatable before binding it to the datagrid to see if that has any effect but unfortunatly not.

Again any help/pointers/anwsers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

You can set the culture for a monolingual website either from the ResourceConfig file directly (located in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration) or by going to Administration -> Settings -> Languages and replacing the default English culture with the UK one. Please refer to attached screen cast.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for that I have successfully added the culture, is it possible to change the culture off all the pages either through a piece of code? or a SQL statement?

The reason I ask is if the new language is set as default then technically I have no pages that use that language and updating them all manually would be a lengthy process, I have had a look at the API to create a web service but I am currently using sitefintity 4.2 and the documentation seems to be for 4.3.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Daniel,

This used to be the case with Sitefinity 3.x. However in Sitefinity 4.x if you change the default culture and you are still in monolingual mode you will have no need to recreate the pages. Sitefinity will switch them to the default culture automatically.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for letting me no that - to clarify though my system has other languages installed do I need to delete these then set the defualt to en-GB?

What happens if i delete a culture which has pages attached?

sorry to be so dumb with this but it is the first time I have used cultures and the first time with sitefinity 4 (its a big change from 3 lol!)

Thanks again

Dan

Hi Radoslav,

Just wanted to say that I have experimented with the cultures and removing them all and setting the default culture to en-GB seems to have fixed my issue

Many thanks for your support

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I'm also looking for changing culture.
I watch the screen cast and realized that I don't have a 'Language for public content' section, only 'Default language for backend system, in 'Administration / Settings / Language'

So, how can I change public content culture?

By the way, I'm using Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0

Thank you for your help.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Support,

I'm also looking for changing culture.
I watch the screen cast and realized that I don't have a 'Language for public content' section, only 'Default language for backend system, in 'Administration / Settings / Language'

So, how can I change public content culture?

By the way, I'm using Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0

Thank you for your help.

This thread is closed