Advanced sorting for News

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:54

Advanced sorting for News

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello, I've been tinkering with the Sorting of News articles for NewsFrontendList. I wonder if what I entered in the field for SortExpression is allowable. Please check the attached image.

We're trying to emulate a Knowledge base using Sitefinity, and we want news articles to list down sorted by view/hits count.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Jkregala,

Out of the box sorting by any field, be it one that's default for the provider, or a custom field is no problem. In the current case, if you'll be sorting Videos, ViewsCount is a valid property of the type, and you can sort your items by it. Please let us know if you are experiencing any problems with this functionality, well be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

We're trying this for News article list. Is that possible? I tried once and I got an error. Should I use the value ViewsCount?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jkregala,

I can confirm that we do have a property ViewsCount for the NewsItem class, and sorting by this property works fine, I have just tested this on a local project running on Sitefinity 4.3. Please let us know if you have any problems setting up this functionality, we'll be glad to help.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed