Profile Custom Bit Field

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:36

Profile Custom Bit Field

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

I created a new profile bit field, but it's default check state is False...setting the Predefined value to True after the fact doesn't seem to be reflected in any of the user profiles.

Is there a way to change this after the fact?...edit the meta table directy?

(also if you type in an invalid Predefined value and save the top\bottom loading icons don't disappear, but it still seems to persist the bad value)

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

This looks like a bug on our side. It seems that indeed the only way to update the default value is manually edit the default_value field for this field in the sf_meta_fields table. This is also valid not just for the Yes/No fields, but also, for example, for the TextField.

I will log a bug in our internal bug tracking field. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Ok thanks

Can I get a PITS, and what should the default value be

True, False
Yes, No

?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Here is a link to the PITS issue:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/8504

The values must be entered in the format "true" "false" as the value is a boolean and must be parsable from a string with a boolean value.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2011 00:00

Ok thanks, so I set the default value to "true", but ever user I select always has the checkbox unchecked? :/

**EDIT** Made sure to recycle the apppool as well

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Well it looks like the boolean fields do not get their default field persisted when they are created. Also, when you create a new field its default value won't be spread automatically to all existing records. It will only be prefilled when you create a new User, content item, etc. I hope this bug that I logged will be taken care of as soon as possible.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2011 00:00

...second PITS issue then? :)

Ok so all that aside, how would I go about retroactivly fixing the existing profiles that would have it stored as false.  When does that profile data (per user) get saved...when they log in?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

We don't have logic that would go and update all the custom fields to their default values for the existing entries. I think that this shouldn't be done either. If you already entered some value, or don't have a value at all, this might mean that this is how you want this record to be - with this specific value, or none. I'd rather not create a new issue but extend the existing one.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed